A (relatively) Quiet Day

July 3, 2008 at 11:41 | Posted in Everything | 11 Comments
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Well, tigerdude is about to go off to the lake for a few days again …

tigerdude1993 wrote:

“Tomorrow, and a few more days after, I won’t be here. I’ll automate some posts ;) I’ve got some good stories today, but there will be some interesting stuff over the next few days.”

tigerdude’s post: “How Funny?”

And Meziathol has pulled the classic “I’m not online” trick, just like the last time we tried to throw him into the lamer focus, so today looks to be a quiet day compared to the usual standards of lamer action you can find here and on tigerdude’s blog. 😉 Which reminds me, expect to be reading some awesome-and-automated words over the next few days there. ^__^

Something worth a read today though, is the reaction to my return 😀 so prepare for the first barrage of quotes in over a week! ^__^ …

tigerdude1993 wrote:

“i got one question: how many hits did you lose?”

I wrote:

“From the 25th June to now, hits have been pretty low, although there was a little peak when I made my post. ^__^

tigerdude1993 wrote:

“you’ll get them back ;)

i’ve linked to your post on my blog, hopefully that will help bring up the hits.”

Ivor B (AKA Grandpa) wrote:

“Glad to see you are back.
I hope you caught up with all the latest.

It seems that your site is missing a visitor that I think tiger, myself and you would like here. Me and tiger spoke briefly on it before, that Pokeplushie Clyde or whatever…

It would make an interesting read.”

Pilotteaml wrote:

“Yay, you’re back. Sad to hear karma tried to kill you P

Zeon wrote:

“Glad to see you got your internet fixed.Man.That tigerdude,he gets anoyed by sooooo little.And when i give my opinion on his girlfriend,he says “shut the fuck up,keep opinions to yourself”
Ahhh,but alice can say what she wants about me,doesnt she?She can say anything to anyone,get in a fight with yoyo users,ah,but shes doing things right.”

I wrote:

““It seems that your site is missing a visitor that I think tiger, myself and you would like here. Me and tiger spoke briefly on it before, that Pokeplushie Clyde or whatever…

It would make an interesting read.” D I don’t think Cyde is going to come here anymore ;) he’s not a fan of sites where he can’t ban people before they can reply to his usual lies and paranoia. ;)

“Glad to see you got your internet fixed.Man.That tigerdude,he gets anoyed by sooooo little.And when i give my opinion on his girlfriend,he says “shut the fuck up,keep opinions to yourself”
Ahhh,but alice can say what she wants about me,doesnt she?She can say anything to anyone,get in a fight with yoyo users,ah,but shes doing things right.”

Zeon, I don’t think anyone’s going to side with you. :\ And if I’m remembering things right, you insulted her first anyway.”

7rlog wrote:

“Hows it going AKH?

I hope youve tried your luck getting your free AOL laptop. It seems quite reasonable since you lost a good week of internet access. Ive found with AOL if you say you’ll go elsewhere they will usually try to offer you anything to stay.

I got offered a free WIFI router when I recently had problems, a mate of mine got a few months free internet access and as you know ive been accepted for a free laptop (too right aswell, Ive been a customer for many years)

In other news, I hope you enjoyed IvorB taking on the role as peacemaker, and getting a (sortof) resolution between Tiger and IHP.

I havent had alot of time for yoyo over the past few weeks, but this afternoon I hope to give a link to the .exe of a mega beta version of my demo, that Ive shown on my blog. I will be going through its development step by step to show how these things develop, I hope it wont bore too many people but it will highlight the problems that GM so happily takes care of.

In regards to the demo, I will be releasing the source of the first part it will be completely in ASM (im messing with directx and trig which is never a good idea unless you are using asm), and it would be nice if you or tiger could take a look at the demo and try to make a GM version. You could then release the code and it would highlight really well the differences between the two.”

I wrote:

““In regards to the demo, I will be releasing the source of the first part it will be completely in ASM (im messing with directx and trig which is never a good idea unless you are using asm), and it would be nice if you or tiger could take a look at the demo and try to make a GM version. You could then release the code and it would highlight really well the differences between the two.”

I’m sure I could give it a go. ^__^

7rlog wrote:

“Ive just been testing compatibility, for some reason the exe is pathing and there is no reason for it to do so…

I think its now sorted…Its very basic, at present time it only has a dr who tunnel effect, a rubbish temporary logo, and a scrolling text… but Ill have the exe up in a few hours…”

Click here to Read the Comments on Yesterday’s Post

As you can see, Zeon is still a little anti-tigergal, I just hope it doesn’t turn into an argument like last time >.< With luck, I won’t be updating you on that situation tomorrow. 😉

Advertisements

11 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

  1. THE MAKING OF THE DEMO pt1
    ————————–

    Right, its ready, Ive had to compress the file into a zip, due to the demo being timed on an ogg that is over 3meg, its been compiled as one file. I havent implemented the spectrum scanner, but the functions and effects are based on timed events within the file. It zips down to about 1.9meg, which is lucky, and it also highlights the problem when working with with bass.dll (for the spectrum analyiser data, which I aint going to code myself)

    Ive used distro 9+ of directX however I cant say if there are any problems with more recent vers, in particular with Vista, as I refuse to put it on my machine.

    It may actually be changed somewhat and go down the opengl route, this will mean I can make a linux distro aswell.

    Dont expect all singing, all dancing. This is purely a tunnel drwho effect with a scrolling text at the moment. The timings are in place however the rest of the code is not present. There are further layers to be introduced to this, even on the “intro” screen, which include various 3d shapes rotating and falling to a point on Z. These are randomly generated and will be ghosted, to make the screen “noisier” without distracting the eye too much from the scrolling text.

    The scrolling text is currently Ariel 60 italics. This is to be replaced with a bitmap font that is being created by someone else. The problem that I encountered was this:

    The scrolling text is a 2d text effect being displayed over a 3d effect. Not so much of a problem if it was static, like a HUD, however with it scrolling it requires clearing before moving itself left on every refresh. Now a total screen clear is out of the question, the 3d effect would flicker horribly since it would be cleared and then re-rendered. Without doing a clear the scrolling text would simply keep printing itself, moving to the left and then printing it again, completely smudging the scroll text in the background. It would look horrible.

    So/ At present while the text is still a system font and I cannot get away with using sprite techniques, therefore when the text is printed to the screen everything but the letters that are printed AT THAT TIME are blocked out in black, and its alpha set to transparent, solving the problem in a rather lame way.

    The next issue with an effect like that is the refresh rate. Without regulating the 3d effect and text, the text would refresh at the same speed as the 3d effect. If this happens the text whizzs past without the user being able to read it. The other alternative being the text is readable but the 3d effect chuggs along in the background. Not good. I wont bore with the ins and outs, but the text is now regulated to a speed relative to a sound file that you cant yet hear. This will enable me to tie it into the effect of bouncing when the music picks up…etc…

    Anyway, Im sure Ive bored you silly enough. Give me a little while, Ill have a link to download the beta. oh and dont knock the logo, its something I knocked up in about a minute and is only there so that the rest of the screen effects can be placed, pending proper logo.

    Whats next? After the extra effects are added to this and its working, the “Intro” part of the demo will play for around 30seconds before dropping into the next bit. The code is already there, however its not yet executed. The second part of the demo has you panning around a 3d city with various effects and shinanagens going on. Scrolltext will be moved to the bottom of the screen instead of center, and there will be a few more bits and pieces going on.

  2. *EDIT* “e timings are in place however the rest of the code is not present.”

    to

    “timings are in place however the rest of the functions are not present”

  3. “As you can see, Zeon is still a little anti-tigergal, I just hope it doesn’t turn into an argument like last time >.< With luck, I won’t be updating you on that situation tomorrow. 😉 ”

    good thing i wont be here tomorrow ;D or later today.

    and one other thing, pilotteaml has made a word comic about us and inuyasha, it’ll be on one of the automated posts, and i’ll try to make a sprite comic with the same dialouge, so if you’re featured in the word comic send me some sprites of yourself!

  4. http://www.filefactory.com/file/f061a2/n/-BAn-BETA_zip

    Read above notes and feel free to download.

    Id be quick though, it appears filefactory likes to delete inactive files that are uploaded without a user account. Should be good for a few days at least.

  5. ivor: i’m downloading it 😉

    akh: who’s $pecter?

  6. […] gone Anti-tigergal AGAIN and is trying to talk about me behind my back. How sad. Read the new post, A (relatively) Quiet Day, on the AKH Log V4 for more about Zeon, Meziathol, and other […]

  7. tigerdude: a new member of your blog! XD

    And Ivor, I’m downloading the demo now. 😀

  8. I’ve written up a script about owning a lamer in front of a crowd on stage in a whacked-out YYG circus show. I’d like to see you people comment on it. I got some good feedback from Tigerdude, I’d like to see your reaction.
    http://www.freewebs.com/rollercoaster654/sitefood.htm

    Soory about interrupting what’s going on. Sounds like a cool program, Ivor.

  9. Sorry Akismet thought your comment was spam, Pilotteaml, it must have been the freewebs link. :\

  10. Pilotteaml, that script was awesome! 😀

  11. Thanks, AKH. I wondered why my comment never showed up ;(


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: